Criminal Records Administrator
ACRO Criminal Records Office is a national police unit, located between Portsmouth and Southampton and hosted within Hampshire Constabulary. ACRO keeps communities safe in the UK and across the world by providing a range of criminal record services. As a centre of excellence, we also deliver projects and services on behalf of the UK government, the UK police service and the European Commission.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals to join our team.
- The successful applicants will spend time searching and interrogating criminal records databases to identify and establish individuals with a criminal record.
- Each record is then reviewed to ensure its validity and disseminated to a range of key personnel; therefore a keen eye for detail and an interest in examining police information is key.
- You will primarily work alone undertaking day to day tasks, however you will operate as part of a team that contributes to ACRO delivering an excellent service to a diverse customer base.
- Working within the ACRO Criminal Records Office (ACRO), to interrogate policing databases to respond to enquiries from customers and stakeholders.
- To carry out searches, review and compare information and prepare disclosure documentation for the prevention of crime and to support the criminal justice system.
- QCF Level 2 at least 3 passes to include English and Mathematics OR work experience deemed to have brought the postholder to a comparable level.Experience in handling confidential information, both manual and computerised.
- To be computer/keyboard literate and a competent keyboard user.
- Proven experience of updating a computerised system with speed and accuracy.
- Proven experience of working with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience of paying attention to detail.
- You will have access to a wide benefits package as a member of Hampshire Constabulary police staff, including generous holiday allowances (24 days + bank holidays upon appointment with an increase after 5 years' service),
- Flexible working opportunities,
- Family friendly policies, pension scheme (Local Government Pensions Scheme) and employee wellbeing/support.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.