Information Assurance Consultant
Evalian Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to become an Information Assurance Consultant, working with clients to help them assess and improve their security posture, data protection working practices and improve information risk management.
Training and mentoring will be provided and time will be provided for self-study for suitable candidates.
Evalian is a new business, trading since the start of July. Demand is growing quickly, and we are seeking to add first external employees. The individual will need to be a good fit for a small and recently founded business. Our aim is to create an open and enjoyable culture, which is rewarding for employees as we grow. We are right at the start of this process, however, and things will develop over time.
- As a consultant, your role will be to work with clients and support more senior consultants to win new business and deliver services.
- As you develop in to the role, you will have the opportunity to specialise in security or data protection if you’d prefer.
- You will work with clients to help them understand and how to improve their information security and data protection working practices and controls.
- You will be involved in implementing security controls and supporting transformation projects.
- This may involve writing policies, standards, procedures and guidelines; carrying out risk assessments and reviewing and advising on external testing; carrying out security training; delivering board briefing and creating security reports; and supporting clients to achieve accreditation to standards such as Cyber Essentials and ISO27001.
- A can-do attitude, willingness to learn quickly and a pragmatic outlook are as important to us.
- You’ll also need a driving licence and be willing to work away from home overnight, from time to time.
- You’ll require good client facing skills and have good written skills.
- Your academic qualifications should ideally include information / cyber security or law, although candidates with different qualifications will be considered if they have a passion for these topics.
- If you do have any working experience of information / cyber security or data protection, it would be helpful but is not essential.
- Share options after 1 year (additional benefits in time)
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.