Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role where you are able to support people every day and provide a safe environment for them to feel safe and comfortable? Do you enjoy working in an environment where every day is different to the next? Then this could be the role for you.
We are looking for an Administrator to work in our Southampton service that provides support for homeless clients and their young children.
Day in the life of an Administrator
- Checking, reconciliation of and reporting from clients’ rent accounts on IT system.
- Administration of clients’ Housing Benefit and DWP records on IT system and any necessary liaison with external authorities
- Liaison with key workers regarding client matters
- Collation of ex-clients' rent arrears, and production of reports to enable write offs
- Monitoring, checking and collation of relevant forms and paperwork required by external authorities
- Production of reports and KPI’s for management and external authorities
- Note taking at meetings
- Oversee petty cash and other incoming cash and banking
- Ordering and stock control of stationery and other supplies; checking and passing invoices
- Generation of letters; overseeing incoming and outgoing post
- Maintenance of records as required by line manager e.g. stock control, H&S checks
- Report faulty equipment or IT issues
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by your manager
We are a homeless housing association, offering supported accommodation in Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex for those who are homeless, vulnerable or in need of support. We will provide you with a full and enjoyable training plan from the beginning of your journey with us. We are committed to ensuring that you have the tools and the knowledge necessary to do your job effectively.
Choice & Control - We support clients to make informed life choices putting them in control of their futures.
Openness & Honesty- We positively welcome people with a background of homelessness and value applications of lived experience of homelessness or of accessing support services. Once successful for this role, you will need to provide an enhanced disclosure and barring service check.
Equality & Diversity -We are an inclusive organisation, a diverse team of individuals working together to provide a better future for those in need. We do not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or social background.
Attributes and Values
- The ideal candidate for this Administrator role will have the following essential criteria:
- Good standard of general education to GCSE level in Maths and English
- Excellent written, oral and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft office package
- Polite, assertive manner
- The below criteria would be desirable:
- Typing or IT qualification (RSA, CLAIT, ECDL)
- Knowledge of the benefit system
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working
restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.