We’re EE. And we’re showing the UK how technology can make the everyday better. Our people are keeping our customers happy with great service, and our network, which has been named as the best in the UK, is keeping their digital lives connected. Since becoming part of the BT family, we’ve focused on creating a culture that makes EE an even better place to build a career. That’s why the Sunday Times named us one of the Best Big Companies to Work For. But why take their word for it? Come and see for yourself.
Our high street stores are where the action is. And there couldn’t be a better time to join us. From face-timing long-lost aunts in the States, to streaming boxsets on the go – whatever our customers want to do, our retail teams are working hard to help them get connected. So, join us as a Customer Advisor and you’ll do more than just sell our products and services. You’ll have the opportunity to get hands-on with our top tech and we’ll give you all the training you need to help pass the good stuff on. So whether our customers are looking for the lowdown on the latest fitness apps, or just want to get to grips with our roaming deals – you’ll have everything you need to wow them with a super service and keep them coming back for more.
Please note this is a temporary opportunity to work with the UK’s best Telecoms provider with potential to be considered for a long term or permanent opportunity.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to your store’s success by bringing to life our ethos of sales and customer advice through sensational service
- Keep up to date with all of our products, services and promotions, and those of our competitors
- Create an environment in which customers feel welcome and comfortable – engaging them in genuine, enjoyable conversations to make our customers feel welcome whilst in store.
- Take pride in the appearance of the store, keeping it clean and tidy at all times. – stocking up accessories
- To assist our store teams in setting up customer devices and transferring customer data
- Have a strong background engaging and delighting customers in a sales or service environment
- Be able to show how you’ve worked to and achieved high level of customer service and maintained deadlines
- Show an interest in communications technology
- Enjoy being part of a team but still have the drive to work on your own initiative.
You might even:
- Have worked in retail, or Customer service
- Know a thing or two about the telecoms sector.
What’s in it for you:
- Uncapped commission, and quarterly team bonus scheme
- 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata)
- Discounted childcare vouchers
- Discounted Retail vouchers
- Healthcare cash plan including Dental and Optical offers
- Hourly on target earnings of £10.45
At EE, we look for the best people to join us. And to help us find them, we’ve created this simple but effective recruitment process. You need to pass each stage to carry on to the next:
- Visit our website and complete our online application form
- We’ll send you a link to our online assessment which shouldn’t take more than half an hour or so to complete
- One of our recruiters will call for a short telephone interview
- Come along to the store for an interview with a store manager, a couple of service and sales exercises, and the chance to spend some time in store to see if it’s definitely for you.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working
restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.