About the role
As a Barista, naturally you'll be serving expertly crafted coffee, but at Costa there's more to the role than that. Born of dedication, passion and pride, you'll deliver a coffee shop experience that is full of warmth, charm and community spirit. The kind of experience that will make customers smile and colleagues inspired.
- Inspiring the world to love great coffee and never serving a dull cup, doesn't just happen. It takes a little crafting, testing and fine-tuning.
- That's why you'll need a zest for life and a passion for customer service.
- Your flexible approach will see you turn your hand to a multitude of tasks, whether it's making irresistible coffee, maintaining stock or encouraging customer feedback.
- While your willingness to learn, personable approach and ability to read our customers will have you delivering coffee experiences that are simply unbeatable.
Costa offers a wide range of benefits and schemes that can help you to save money, and there’s something for everyone.
Bring us an enthusiastic, reliable and confident approach, plus a genuine interest in our business, and in return we'll offer you;
- Full and part time flexible hours available.
- 50% off food and drink in the store while you are on shift.
- 25% to 50% discount across the Whitbread Group.
- Company pension.
- Access to a wide range of shopping discounts via our Costa Perks website.
- Various incentives including a team member reward programme.
- Plus and a whole lot of opportunity to develop and progress.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working
restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.