Customer Team Member
We’re more than just a business at Co-op. We’re a community retailer like no other, where being a member means more than just swiping a card. We’re not owned by 1 person or a board of executives, over 4.6 million people contribute to the running and development of our business. Through our membership scheme we give back to our communities twice a year through the sales of own branded products. Since 2016 over £26m has been raised for local causes all across the country. That’s our Co-op difference.
Being a customer team member isn’t your standard food retail job. You’ll do more than show customers where the bread and milk are and stack beans on shelves. You’ll actively get to know your customers and your local community as you’ll start to see the same faces every day. No two days will ever be the same here. One day you could be supporting on changing promotions in store, the next working on replenishment and making sure the shop is always looking its best. But what will always be the same is the amazing customer service you provide our customers and members every single day.
- make sure our members and customers receive a friendly and helpful service every time they come into store
- actively promote Co-op membership and make a difference in the local community
- work on all areas of the shop, from tills and deliveries to replenishment and the bakery
- proudly prepare, handle and present our food with care
- ensure the store always looks the best it can be
- welcome and embrace change in store and new ways of working
- work shifts at varying times of the day
To be successful, you’ll need to be able to provide amazing customer service by building relationships with the public and being confident in resolving issues. We’ll look for you to have clear communication skills, allowing you to interact with customers and members, offering a personalised service to make them feel valued. Above all, it’ll be your ability to work positively as part of a team to achieve results and to successfully follow procedures that will set you up for success.
- you love providing great customer service
- you can confidently build relationships with people from all walks of life
- you enjoy working with others and achieving team and individual goals
- you know you’ll be doing a range of tasks within store, from checkouts to replenishment
- you love being busy and always having something to do
- you’re willing to work a range of shifts from 6am to 11pm, including weekends
- you take pride in where you work
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.