Christmas Sales Assistant
BECOME A HERO!
We're all about building the most valuable community of gamers out there, bringing them the latest games, exclusive editions, and the hottest consoles to the UK. We're the UK's No.1 high-street video games retailer for a reason.
- Increasing customer satisfaction with our products and services
- To maintain a high standard of customer service
- Support to build the most valuable community of gamers
- Provide consistently high service through GAME
We're looking for someone special to join our team. Think you're up for the challenge?
We're on the lookout for a Sales Assistant to join our busy store in Southampton Above Bar Street and become a GAME Hero. As part of the team, you'll be:
- Delivering an epic high standard of excellent customer service at all times
- Building relationships with the store's local gaming community to ensure loyalty and return custom
- Giving expert gaming knowledge to our customers and ensuring we meet the candidates expectations at all times - matching products to their needs
- Attaching products to maximise transactional value - link selling & up selling
- Keeping up to date with the latest gaming news and using this knowledge to make the sale
- Working with the other Heros within the business to deliver an energetic and welcoming in store atmosphere
- Being friendly, interested and helpful
- Being honest and approachable and able to build great working relationships
- Having a positive attitude and excellent work ethic
- The ability to work on your own initiative and able to cope with changing priorities.
- Confident and professional with the ability to interact and engage with customers on the sales floor.
- Being reliable and a true team player
Bonus points for
Knowing your stuff. Genuinely passionate and excited about gaming and technology, you're friendly, approachable, and you know how to connect with customers while still getting the job done and supporting your team.
We've got a lot to offer
What's in it for you? Plenty. We offer our team a pretty nice package of perks (even if we do say so ourselves), including:
- Awesome staff discounts on the latest games, consoles, tech, and more
- Matched pension contributions
- A generous benefits package
...and much, much more!
Not a bad deal, huh?
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
You'll be joining us at our busy store. With a fun, friendly feel, you'll be part of the team in no time.