Web Content Assistant
Web Content Assistant with a Detail Focus
We need an enthusiastic and detail focussed person to join our content team to assist with the uploading of web content on our 2 websites.
What does the role consist of?
In a nutshell, you will be writing product descriptions and producing images for uploading to our 2 websites and linking to our stock management system.
- Writing product descriptions with SEO-rich content for 2 websites
- Ensuring the sites are categorised in the best way possible for the different types of customers to maximise sales
- Working with spreadsheets to upload hundreds of products at a time
- Producing high quality artwork (usually from manufacturer images) using Photoshop
- Photography and videography to supplement the product images
- Occasionally liaising with our 2 web agencies to ensure smooth operation of the sites at all times.
- Maintaining the content of 2 websites to ensure products are best placed to maximise sales, images and descriptions correspond and are correct, all links work etc
- Linking all products accurately to our stock managment system and testing.
There will be other stuff too including dealing with customers that come in, working in the warehouse (picking, packing, checking deliveries), answering the phone every now and then etc. The ability to be flexible is essential!
What sort of person will you be?
You feel completely at home in an online environment, are incredibly detail focussed and love the logic of numbers, love words and processes. You understand that excellent customer service is at the heart of everything, even if you are not directly dealing with customers all the time. The main skills you will require are:
- Extreme attention to detail
- Be very methodical and analytical
- Ability to write widely varying descriptions for very similar products.
- Be logical and able to get to the bottom of issues so resolve problems
- Be energetic with a positive, ’can do’ attitude
- Technically, experience in Microsoft packages, HTML, Photoshop, Illustrator, X-Cart, Zen-Cart, Linnworks, and video editing software would be beneficial.
- Ability to self-manage your workload to achieve strict set goals each week.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a small team supporting, and asisiting each other as required.
What qualifications and experience will you need?
Educated to minimum GCSE or equivalent level with at least 8 x Grade C or above. You may well have just finished your A-Levels and are interested in starting a career in E-Commerce.
- 8 GCSEs at c or above (or equivalent)
- Customer service experience
- Experience of working in a small team
- The most important qualification is that you are enthusiastic about what you do
- Experience of X-Cart, Zen-Cart, Linnworks, Photoshop and Illustrator would be advantageous but not necessary.
- Good Sense of humour!
What we can offer:
- Full time position
- Free parking
- Free refreshments
- A small team where your ideas and suggestions are valued and your commitment rewarded
- A busy but fun environment where time at work will never drag!
- Somewhere you can wear jeans to work
- 28 days holiday per year
- £100 of balloons and party supplies a year
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.