West Pier Studio are currently developing engaging slot / casino games for one of the world’s largest entertaining online gaming companies.
- To work within our programming team to ensure we maintain our high standards of game development
- Work closely with our QA and art teams
- Solve problems strategically and organise code efficiently and logically
- Attend daily scrums
- Providing support and mentoring less experienced members of the team
- Experience with software design patterns
- Good understanding of Object-oriented coding principles
- Knowledge of source control management
- Understanding the importance of working as part of a team and independently when necessary
- An understanding of Pixijs or Node.js is desirable
- Industry experience in cross platform game development is desirable
- Experience of build processes i.e. Hudson / Bamboo is desirable
- Flexible and fair working hours
- Competitive salary
- Attractive holiday packages
- Monthly social events
- A friendly, focused and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Excellent central Brighton location, based a short walk from the seafront, Brighton rail station, the lanes and some of the cities most sought after coffee shops, restaurants and bars
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.