Placement Software Developer
Avco Systems Ltd are a modern, growing Software Development business based in Slough, UK.
We work with some of the largest businesses in the UK, Europe and America to help them develop, support, maintain and host their large software projects. We have a sharp focus on client satisfaction, rapid feedback and ongoing improvement, so we are looking to grow our team with some forward thinking, enthusiastic people that will help continue to drive the business forward.
Work closely with a great team of fun, but focused like-minded Software Developers and IT Ops colleagues. Grow your skills and experiment with new tools, techniques and technologies. Work on a wide variety of projects and influence positive change to the business.
We are seeking multiple positions in our team with varying levels of experience. (Training provided where necessary.)
- Work as part of a team throughout the entire SDLC journey. You'll get to plan, develop, execute, deploy and support software development projects.
- Write high quality software that meets our organisation coding standards.
- Perform code reviews and encourage a culture of high quality engineering.
- Locate and fix defects in software.
- Meet and work with clients to ensure that overall business needs are being met.
- Understand Business Requirements and contribute to design discussions.
- Assist to produce specifications and designs where required.
- Deal with occasional, technical customer enquiries and manage any issues through to a conclusion.
- Assist to deploy, maintain and support applications both in our datacentre and remotely in our clients’ data centres.
- Work closely with other areas of the business to support client requirements.
- Guide and mentor less experienced members of the team.
- Help build the team to further support the business.
- Provide clear updates on progress to the team as well as clients.
- SQL and basic database administration skills (MS-SQL, MySQL, etc).
- Unit testing - it's role and importance in software development.
- Source Control (Git is preferred, but experience of any other system would be acceptable)
- Formal qualifications are expected, but not essential.
- Experience with, or an understanding of the following would be beneficial but not essential:
- Continuous integration
- Process improvement
- Automated deployment
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.