Graduate Programme – Global Markets
Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your regional classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members directly regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
Based in one of the world’s global financial centres, you’ll take on early responsibility as you will either experience four rotations across sales, trading and structuring or be placed directly into a quantitative team. Your day-to-day tasks will vary depending on your role and the desk you’re working on. In sales and trading you might be pricing products, preparing marketing materials or refining the way we do forecasts. In Structuring you could be assisting in the origination, execution and structuring of transactions, being closely involved in live deals from day-one. In quantitative analysis you will be developing models, interfacing with the business and responding to user queries. When you join, you’ll either enter our rotational programme and move between different teams in the areas above or be placed directly into one team. Whichever path you take, you will need to hone both your financial and relationship building skills. Throughout your journey, you will learn from the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialize later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Sales (Institutional client group)
- Trading (equities or fixed Income and currencies)
- Structuring (equities or fixed Income and currencies)
- Debt Capital Markets (DCM) / Financial Solutions Group (FSG)
- Quantitative strategy
We are looking for bright minds with good academic records and some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers. We hire for attitude and skillset and are open to applications from a variety of backgrounds and degrees.
- Are you passionate about finance and sales?
- Do you have an interest in business, economics, mathematics, physics or engineering, either as part of your degree or extra-curricular activities?
- Do you have experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities that showcase your passion towards business, finance, or sales?
- Are you proficient in working with MS Office and common applications? Some programming experience in C++, Python, VBA and Java would be beneficial.
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Does the idea of fostering long-term relationships with clients appeal to you?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills and the ability to build rapport with clients?
Then we look forward to meeting you.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.