Graduate Programme-Corporate Finance
Our programme is designed to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our world-class clients. You’ll join your regional classmates across all business areas for orientation where you’ll hear from executive board members directly regarding the future of the bank. Following this, best-in-class product trainers will give you an unrivalled introduction to our business and the industry. You’ll build a broad knowledge base and hone your skills through immersive classroom and online modules that are built around you.
Working on our day-to-day business as well as on special projects, you will contribute to the development of new ideas for helping our customers achieve their financial goals. The projects you work on will require your analytical skills and the ability to solve problems. The specific tasks that you deal with will depend on your role within the team. Tasks may include evaluating companies, developing models for M&A transactions, preparing industry analyses for pitches, or getting involved in the execution of live deals. You will be trained by the best, evolve professionally as well as personally, and build a firm foundation upon which to specialise later.
Areas in which you could work:
- Corporate finance industry sector groups: consumer, healthcare, industrials, infrastructure and utilities, technology, media and telecoms, financial industries, real estate, gaming, leisure and lodging
- Corporate finance product groups: equity capital markets, leveraged debt capital markets, debt capital markets
- Corporate broking and M&A
We are looking for bright minds with some practical work experience to create a positive impact for our customers. We hire for attitude and skillset and are open to applications from a variety of backgrounds and degrees.
- Are you passionate about finance and have an affinity for numbers?
- Do you have an interest in business, economics, financial mathematics or engineering, either as part of your degree or extra-curricular activities?
- Have you worked abroad or had experience dealing with clients and colleagues on a global level?
- Do you have experience in the banking industry or have you participated in activities, that showcase your passion towards business or finance?
- Do you have strong communication skills and are you fluent in English?
- Can you work well in a team and inspire others with your ideas?
- Would you describe yourself as a conscientious, dedicated individual with excellent analytical skills?
Then we look forward to meeting you.
- Excellent academic record.
- Are you either currently in school for an undergraduate degree or have you completed a degree course in the last two years?
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.