Graduate Technology Research and Development Consultant
The Graduate level entrant will be involved in development of emerging technology research to bring together demonstrations and published insights into key topics in the Energy and Utilities global market and wider impacts in the environment and across industry sectors.
This role will be developing Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Models and demonstrations to establish new digital interactive design solutions to show to our customer clients.
Based in the ARC Lab, the Graduate will be trained and using the latest VR/AR technology and Mixed Reality (MR). A strong model designer and developer of VR and AR models and coding skills for integration to data and displays. The ARC Lab has a VR cube projection system as well as Headset gear and high end specification laptop workstations to provide the Graduate with state-of-the-art VR and AR development tools.
The role will also develop where needed integration with real time Internet of Things (IoT) sensors to add live data into the VR and AR models and experiences. We also will include training and development of blockchain and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) features as part of the Lab demonstrators.
A secondary role of the Graduate position is to conduct research and market investigations into these emerging technologies to develop your future skills in these areas and provide insights and modern perspectives of the latest technology in the market and the next 2-5 years.
The role is suited to information systems graduates with a keen interest in exploring current and emerging technologies and who are self-starters and able to explore, develop effecting written, slides and verbal communication to evaluate and develop working examples of these technologies.
The role required computer developer skills in VR and AR technology and coding skills to link APIs and data to these models. The role needs experience in VR and AR technology which can include Unity, Python, various C coding skills. Our strategic VR partner is Virtalis and we will provide training in this technology as required or ideally experience in this technology will be an advantage but not mandatory.
This role is based in the UK but taking a global perspective, Enzen have two digital experience and development laboratories, one in the UK and the other in Bengaluru, India. The ARC Graduate role is primarily to conduct research, design, build and setup demonstrations in the UK and India Labs. It may involve a limited amount of international travel where required but will be based form the UK Lab and office.
- Development of VR and AR solution models and demonstrators
- Creative VR and AR design skills for building and demonstrating Digital environments, buildings, objectives and human interaction
- Market research of current technology themes that can include AI, VR, AR, IoT, blockchain or other themes as identified.
- Collaborate on concepts, technology experience, and implementations with technology partners and customers
- Manage vendor discussions and technology evaluations of these themes
- Requirements specification writing and investment case planning support of demonstrator proposals
- Develop content and briefing materials to demonstrate the technology value and capabilities to the market.
- Provide briefings and walkthroughs of technologies to train internal staff in new technologies.
- Work with systems developers to create POC, prototype and MVP design, build and field-testing for growth and innovation by designing systems starting at the individual device through connectivity, data collection and storage, cloud, middleware, and APIs
- Support the development, deployments, and extend solutions that involve both hardware and software into the lab environment.
- Support solutioning technology systems to create real time IoT data to integrate with AI and Immersive reality systems
- Degree. (Or Equivalent) in Information Systems Management or Computer Science or Electronics;
- Hands-on development of demonstrations of technology in VR and AR
- Experience in market evaluation with written and verbal skills in research into technology themes including one or more of the following, AI, AR VR, IoT, Blockchain
- Coding skills of interest include Unity, Virtalis, Open source, Python, types of C , open source
- Good with rapid problem solving, a strong technical background, and passion for continuous improvement
Desirable but not essential
- Good understanding of technology in business models and approaches in innovation
- Experience of Design Thinking and agile methods
- Knowledge of systems integration including one or more of platforms AWS, Azure, Google, IBM and open source
- Awareness in internet protocols and software development using protocols including LoRA, Wi-Fi, BLE, ZigBee, NB-IoT, M2M,6LoWPAN, Ethernet etc
- Awareness of scalability, security, high availability, and operational requirements
- Sound and proven decision-making skills to influence the technology choice and implementation methodologies
- Awareness of object oriented programming principles, design patterns, and software architecture
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.