About the role
Working as part of a highly committed team at Sunrise the Care Assistant is one of the key and fundamental roles within our communities. As Care Assistant you will put the residents care and wellbeing at the heart of everything you do. At Sunrise we pride ourselves on the warmth and support we provide to our residents and their families. We promote independence, dignity and quality of life at all times in a person centred caring and supportive environment.
- As Care Assistant you will assist with daily activities providing residents with both physical and emotional support and personal care as needed.
- You will help with transporting residents to appointments and activities outside of the community, serve food in the dining room, complete dining room clean-up and tidy resident’s room.
Assisted Living provides people focused services for seniors in spacious and secure communities. We need a cheerful, compassionate person to carry out a wide range of general and personal care tasks, offering our residents emotional as well as physical support. Sound judgment, initiative and problem solving ability are extremely important. The ability to read, write and communicate in English will also be vital.
Key things about you;
- Experience preferred but not essential –however a caring and compassionate attitude is.
- NVQ 2/3 in Health and Social Care desirable or a willingness to undertake the qualification
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Medication administration training and/or a willingness to undertake training if required
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Must be at least 18 years of age
We believe that happier employees provide a better level of patient care and delivery in their role. You’ll receive regular training and supervision, along with development opportunities across the business
- 28 days holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays
- Competitive pay enhancements
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Green travel plan
- Refer a friend incentive
- Employee Assistance programme
- Good Samaritan Fund
- Heart & Soul company recognition programme
- ‘Your choices’ voluntary benefits – employee discounted scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Long service awards
- Recognition programmes
- Study support
- Ongoing career development training
- About us
Step inside a Sunrise care home and you'll know you've arrived somewhere special. For over three decades we've made each care home a vibrant place where independence, choice, dignity and the highest standards of care are valued above all else.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.