Graduate Payroll Trainee
Hays Accountancy & Finance are recruiting for a Graduate Payroll trainee on a retained basis for our prestigious client Gloucestershire County Council. The graduate scheme will develop your leadership and expertise to provide the sound financial management and advice that is critical to effective local government. Their previous graduate trainees have risen successfully within the organisation to senior posts.
Your new role
Over a 3 year period, you will develop management skills to gain the CIPP Foundation Degree in Payroll Management qualification while undertaking a variety of payroll roles rotating through work placements across the Business Service Centre and Finance & HR functions. This will include supporting the delivery, development and implementation of appropriate and effective payroll & pension services for the County Council and our external customers.
- You will have graduated in 2018, or within the previous two years, with a 2:1 or higher in any discipline.
- You will have a real desire to work in the public sector and the ambition to make a difference to the organisation.
- Your ability to analyse information, problem solve and challenge the norm will be complemented by your ability to engage with people and build good working relationships.
- You can expect to be consistently well supported within a structured programme of development with six-month placements across a range of Business Service Centre, finance and HR functions. Gloucestershire County Council aim for their training scheme to be one of the best in local government and you will be fully funded to complete your professional accountancy qualification over a 3 year period.
- Gloucestershire is a great place to live and work, from the beautiful Cotswolds to its vibrant, multi-cultural city of Gloucester. As well as being the gateway to the south-west, it is well connected to the rest of the country and within easy travelling distance of London.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.