Graduate Hydraulic Modeller
My client, a market leading multidisciplinary Environmental Consultancy, is searching for a Graduate Hydraulic Modeller to join their friendly and supportive Team of flood risk specialists based in Bristol.
- Applicants are required to have a PhD or MSc and BSc in Hydrology, River Basin Dynamics or Civil Engineering and have experience throughout university specialising in Hydraulic Modelling using Hydraulic Modelling software (e.g. Hec-Ras, Infoworks ICM, Flood Modeller Pro or Tuflow).
- It is also beneficial for applicants to have experience working for a Consultancy or Local Authority completing or reviewing Flood Risk Assessments or Hydraulic Modelling.
This exciting opportunity will offer candidates the chance to work with a team of Hydrologist and Flood Risk Engineers who specialise in Flood Risk, Flood Alleviation, Hydraulic Modelling, Surface Water and Drainage Projects for Local Authorities, Water Companies, Private Sector Clients and Government Bodies.
Candidates will be trained by senior specialists to complete;
- Flood Risk Assessments.
- Surface Water Management Plans.
- Catchment Management Plans.
- Flood Alleviation Design.
- Surface Water Drainage Strategy and Design using Infoworks ICM.
- Hydraulic Modelling, Model Build and Verification using Infoworks ICM and Flood Modeller.
This role comes with a competitive salary, specialist training, benefits package and career development.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.