Purchase Ledger Clerk
This is an exciting opportunity to join the team at NetPay, the business bringing revolution to the UK and Ireland card payments industry focusing on system innovation and service excellence delivering card payment solutions to the wholesale, reseller and corporate channel. The business is looking for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to support the purchase ledger function of payment of suppliers.
About the Purchase Ledger Clerk role:
Be part of a busy accounts team with the responsibility for processing supplier invoices from NetPay’s wide and varied suppliers and resellers. You will be a committed individual with the ability to focus clearly on the objective of reconciling statements monthly, updating the banking section on SAGE 50 and be persistent in doing all that is required to ensure that suppliers are kept informed about their liabilities and payments made from the business. This role will involve following certain processes but also identify needs to create and improve existing processes as required. A tenacious individual with a target driven approach is required to join the team.
- Timely and effective updating of payments made on SAGE 50 accounting software
- Processing of invoices across four companies (one of which is in euros)
- Maintaining contact with suppliers to ensuring accuracy of invoices due for payment
- Audit supplier invoices to ensure they are accurate, challenging suppliers if not
- Ability to complete daily bank reconciliations using SAGE 50 software an in-house billing platform across the Group of Companies
- Statement reconciliations monthly for larger suppliers
- Preparation of and posting of month end journals
- An excellent understanding and previous experience using SAGE 50 software
- Computer literate including strong Excel skills.
- Preferably have experience in dealing with Euro transactions and European businesses
- Providing support to the Group Financial Controller
- A tenacious individual with a target driven approach is required to join the team.
- You must be an excellent communicator with impressive negotiating skills and have experience within a purchase ledger environment working with both high and low monetary values and excellent attention to detail.
- Free Parking
- Fresh Fruit Friday
- Pool Table
- Childcare vouchers
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.