Within our Rotations department the Planning Coordinator will be responsible for the overall planning of rotations for their designated area, ensuring all vessels are properly manned as per laid down manning levels, with appropriately qualified, experienced and motivated staff. This role is a part time position to work part of a job share 21 hours per week.
- Regular communication with the fleet to ensure their expectations are being met.
- Ensuring the scheduling system is correct and up to date with all work shift / contract postings and contract information.
- Assist with payroll requests for crew members.
- Raise "On Company Service" requests for the fleet in a timely manner.
- Liaising with manning agencies to ensure joining crew have correct certification and documentation for entire tour of duty.
- Educated to A level standard, or equivalent Ideally have previous experience of scheduling or manpower planning.
- Great organisation and prioritisation skills.
- Good problem solver and possess strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively by telephone, email or face to face with a confident approach.
- Flexible approach adapt to changing circumstances.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why extraordinary, passionate people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.