Event Management Intern
Our partner company is offering an event management internship role in China. The company is looking for a bright, organised and knowledgeable intern to assist with the event management. As an intern, you will provide general support to the team, both in the office and at events; you will work towards setting and achieving targets with the Development Manager
Accumulate evidence of your skills and abilities and gain new ones through a customisable internship programme abroad.
Gain mentoring and coaching from experienced professionals in your career field who will guide you and make you stand out in the job market.
Enjoy regular weekend cultural activities, trips to popular tourist destinations and explore China like a local.
Develop your Chinese language speaking and writing through Intensive Chinese language programmes and courses in established universities in China while you intern.
Make valuable connections and network through our alumni group for job connections and job database.
- Contact guests on the phone call to invite, confirm and thank them for coming - you must speak English fluently
- Research websites to identify opportunities for events
- Liaising with the manager to ascertain the precise event requirements
- Producing detailed proposals for events e.g. timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets
- Ensuring insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to
- Coordinating venue management, stand designers, contractors and equipment hire
- Organising facilities for car parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality and the media
- Planning room layouts and the entertainment programme, scheduling workshops and demonstrations
- Coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings
- Preparing delegate packs and papers
- Liaising with marketing and PR colleagues to promote the event;
- Coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly
- Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event and clearing the venue efficiently
- Post-event evaluation including data entry and analysis and producing reports for event stakeholders
Our customisable paid internship Programmes are structured to ensure safety and comfort while you carry out your internship in China. We are an established internship provider, providing internships to students and graduate for over 14 years, our comprehensible programmes are meant to satisfy all your needs and requirements from the beginning of your application, arrival and departure from China. Our programme component includes:
- A customisable internship and Chinese language programme based on your career field and requirements
- Professional mentors and coaches from the Silicon Valley and Wall Street
- Available intensive Chinese Language classes in established universities and colleges in China.
- Affordable, safe and well furnished accommodation situated close to your Internship Company and university.
- Insurance worth $100k
- Networking and business events
- Regular cultural activities and trips to tourist destinations in China
- Access to alumni group for job referrals
- A professional internship placement with salary guaranteed
- Internship training and career advice, gain a true understanding of the Chinese business culture and language.
- Mentorship and training from professionals in your career field
- Broaden your horizons about opportunities in the world, travel and understand China better, and overall become transformed and immersed in the culture
- An all-inclusive service pack, nice housing accommodation, airport transfers
- Visa assistance, pre-departure assistance and onsite orientation, Chinese language courses
- Networking and cultural events, electives, excursions, trips and taking it easy during the Chinese holidays
- Continuous feedback about your progress and performance from the intern company
- 24/7 onsite support from GAC professional staff
- No risk payment policy and best competitive price
- Get a reference letter and establish contacts for your future career
- Certificate upon completion and credit transfer
- 20% of GAC Internship in China programme participants got a permanent job offer after they finished the programme
During your Chinese language programme, you will be placed with an English-speaking supervisor and be taught by experienced English speaking teachers when you arrive in China.
- *Please note: Our Chinese language programmes do not require you to be fluent in Mandarin, though this would be very useful; our main requirement is being fluent in English.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.