Warehouse Operations Assistant
We need enthusiastic and organised people to join our growing team as General Assistants in our Warehouse. We are a small business where you will learn the ins and outs of running a business as well as playing an important part in our growth. This role is a full-time role.
- You are a communicator and team player who likes to build relationships
- You work well and quickly under pressure
- You are customer focussed
- You can juggle tasks and prioritise constantly
- You are very organised and detail oriented
- You like to work as part of a small team
- You are comfortable with using a computer and can learn new systems quickly
- You are positive and passionate about whatever you do
- You think chocolate is awesome!
- You are fit and healthy and able to lift heavy items easily
- You like to come up with ideas for improvement
- You are adaptable and are happy working in a constantly changing environment.
- You have a sense of humour and don’t mind make fun of yourself
- You like to learn new things and understand you never stop learning
- Picking, packing and dispatching orders
- Speaking confidently with customers by phone and communicating by email with them.
- Constant communication with the Warehouse Operations Team and the Customer Sales Team
- Carrying out daily stock-takes
- Checking off incoming deliveries and storing them
- Using our online systems to print orders, update stock and communicate with customers
- Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy at all times
- Developing improved storage solutions
- 5 GCSEs at C or above (or equivalent)
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team
- The most important qualification is that you are enthusiastic about what you do
- Warehouse experience is NOT required.
- Full time position – 40hr per week
- Competitive starting salary - Above Minimum Wage
- Free parking
- A small team where your ideas and suggestions are valued
- Discounted Perks through Perkbox after probationary period
- £100 of balloons / party supplies each year
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.