GCHQ is where the power of your ideas can protect a nation. Where you’ll get to use your skills to lift the lid and pull things apart. That’s why we’re looking for creative individuals who enjoy constantly evolving, to keep us one step ahead. You can’t get much more advanced than that.
- Working in one of our teams, you’ll support the whole range of our technical capabilities.
- By developing innovative software, you’ll give us access to the computers owned by terrorist groups and help protect your country.
- You’ll also be part of operations that’ll let us locate and identify dangerous individuals, and you’ll disrupt networks that cause harm.
- Depending on your experience, you can join us in competent, senior and principle practitioner roles.
At GCHQ, you won’t just work to understand the ins and outs of tech. You’ll advance your inquisitive mind with the support of the tailored training we provide. And you’ll take advantage of our smart working patterns, so you can carry on living your life in a way that suits you.
Welcome to tomorrow.
- Across all roles, we’re looking for people who are self-motivated and enjoy solving challenging problems. It’s about having a passion to learn new skills and trying to apply them in the most creative way. You’ll also be intuitive and curious about technology and want to make a real difference to the UK.
- To apply, you'll have, or expect to obtain shortly, a 2:2 degree or above in a relevant STEM subject (computer science, mathematics, physics, science, technology, engineering), or you have relevant work experience.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.