IT Infrastructure Engineer
GCHQ is where the power of your ideas can protect a nation. Where you’ll use your skills to lift the lid and pull things apart. That’s why we’re looking for creative individuals who enjoy constantly evolving, to keep us one step ahead. You can’t get much more advanced than that.
- In this role, you’ll work across a range of platforms, using different programming languages. It’s about designing, implementing, supporting and maintaining some of the most complex and technologically advanced IT infrastructures in the UK – challenging work, to say the least. To help you do the best work you can, you’ll collaborate with vendors such as CISCO and Juniper. And depending on your skills, you’ll work across slightly different specialisms.
At GCHQ, you won’t just work to understand the ins and outs of tech. You’ll advance your inquisitive mind with the support of the tailored training we provide. And you’ll take advantage of our smart working patterns, so you can carry on living your life in a way that suits you.
Welcome to tomorrow.
- Across all roles, we’re looking for people who are self-motivated and enjoy solving challenging problems.
- It’s about having a passion to learn new skills and trying to apply them in the most creative way.
- Customer focused, you'll understand customer needs and have good interpersonal and team working skills.
- You have, or will soon have, successfully completed a degree in a relevant subject or have experience in one or more of the following areas: networking, desktop infrastructure, data centre management, systems administration, storage and processing infrastructure, IP telephony, IT event monitoring, corporate antivirus/malware, second line support, software development, IT security concepts and implementation, Cloud Technologies such as Lambda, Kinesis, Windows/Linux operating systems, drogramming languages, Open source software, database skills, IT security concepts and implementation, system design/delivery/integration/operation, lifecycle management, ITIL related activities including asset management, information assurance, web design, computer network exploitation.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.