Operational Data Scientist
GCHQ is where the power of your ideas can protect a nation. Where you’ll get to use your skills to lift the lid and pull things apart. That’s why we’re looking for creative individuals who enjoy constantly evolving, to keep us one step ahead. You can’t get much more advanced than that.
- Working in our central data science hub or in a core operational team, you’ll support our intelligence analysts. It means you’ll help solve some of the hardest problems GCHQ face.
- It’s all about using big data technologies and data mining skills to analyse problems and build specific tools and techniques.
- Depending on your skill set, you might pioneer new capabilities, explore unfamiliar data sets, or even solve strategic analytic challenges.
At GCHQ, you won’t just work to understand the ins and outs of tech. You’ll advance your inquisitive mind with the support of the tailored training we provide. And you’ll take advantage of our smart working patterns, so you can carry on living your life in a way that suits you.
Welcome to tomorrow.
- Across all roles, we’re looking for people who are self-motivated and enjoy solving challenging problems. It’s about having a passion to learn new skills and trying to apply them in the most creative way.
- To join us, you’ll have either a 2:2 degree or above, in a relevant subject (science, programming, maths, statistics, data analysis), or at least two year’s relevant work experience using large scale data programming languages and analysing large data volumes. You’ll also need to be proficient in data analysis.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.