GCHQ is where the power of your ideas can protect a nation. Where you’ll use your skills to lift the lid and pull things apart. That’s why we’re looking for creative individuals who enjoy constantly evolving, to keep us one step ahead. You can’t get much more advanced than that.
- In this role, you’ll have a direct and positive effect on the cybercrimes we face. Everything you do will be to prevent, disrupt and investigate threats.
- As part of this, you’ll use a range of datasets to respond to malicious capabilities, and you’ll work to understand the vulnerabilities that could be exploited.
- It’s uncertain and challenging work, so you’ll be trained to operate within as many cyber areas as possible.
At GCHQ, you won’t just work to understand the ins and outs of tech. You’ll advance your inquisitive mind with the support of the tailored training we provide. And you’ll take advantage of our smart working patterns, so you can carry on living your life in a way that suits you.
Welcome to tomorrow.
- Across all roles, we’re looking for people who are self-motivated and enjoy solving challenging problems. It’s about having a passion to learn new skills and trying to apply them in the most creative way.
- A relevant certification or degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths (STEM) or Physics, is desirable. Alternatively, career experience combined with a strong aptitude for cyber security (programming, scripting, networking, intrusion analysis, malware, vulnerability research, pen testing, reverse engineering, etc.) is acceptable.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.