Officer Trainee Assistant
- Liaise with the Senior Officer Trainee Coordinator to ensure appropriate training certification is obtained and recorded accurately on company databases.
- Liaise with the Senior Officer Trainee Coordinator responsible for appointment planning regarding forthcoming postings to confirm valid certification.
- Brief Cadets via telephone and email regarding details of their next appointments.
- Prepare joining instructions for all ship appointments including booking flights, trains, and hotel accommodation.
- Maintain recruitment system with all new applicants.
- Maintain crew management database systems with all new applicants.
- Maintain the training and competencies for all cadets.
- Ensure that all cadets are in possession of the relevant competencies appropriate for the sea position. Where exceptions/shortfalls are noted arranges relevant training with the Senior Officer Trainee Coordinator.
- Maintain the administration of personal files to ensure all Cadets are in possession of valid documentation (Passport, medicals, and appropriate visa), also all competencies/training elements are in date and valid for the forthcoming appointment.
- Processing Cadets expenses.
- Day to day administration of serving cadets.
- Assists with cadet recruitment advertising campaigns.
- A requirement to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the person’s level within the organisation.