This role will work closely with the IT Manager to provide a comprehensive and efficient first line IT support service to staff and students across sites. Project work will include assisting with ongoing maintenance and upgrades of hardware, software, researching and implementing new technologies to improve how the school uses ICT. The role will also require to provide help and support with editing Audio Video footage, recording and general production administration. This is a busy and varied role which would suit a highly organized and fast-learning individual with a helpful attitude and a genuine desire to build their IT career.
- Provide first-line support to all onsite and remote users
- Respond to the IT helpdesk within the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Schedule and carry out regular proactive maintenance on schools’ ICT equipment and hardware
- Assist with the installation of new hardware, software, cabling and other systems and upgrades
- Assist with office moves, including cabling and relocating ICT equipment
- Contact, report and help the schools’ external ICT contractors to troubleshoot problems
- Gain an understanding of the phone system on how to troubleshoot problems and train users
- Willing to take further training to use and operate existing and new ICT systems and solutions
- Help with Audio and Visual needs such as filming, editing and archiving performance footage
- Experience of first level IT support
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows 10, Office 2016 and Office 365
- A general understanding of technical ICT infrastructure such as servers, back up, printers, telephone systems and cyber security
- If requested, willing to be trained and operate on school’s existing specialist software and hardware, such as: unified threat management, helpdesk, video streaming, telephone system, door access control, CCTV and willing to be trained on new Audio Visual and ICT solutions
- Highly organized and committed to completing tasks in an efficient and timely manner
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm to provide a helpful and efficient IT support service to all users
- Strong customer service and interaction skills, able to understand user needs and work with them to find practical solutions.
- Able to recognize when under pressure, seek support when needed and handle constructive feedback
- Willing to work flexible hours with regular travel across all sites
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.