We are seeking an ambitious, talented, Junior Designer (Graduate) to join our growing creative team and work across a range of client projects. The successful candidate’s principal role of the Junior Designer is to respond to creative briefs, supporting the team with brainstorming activities, helping to create designs and maintaining the integrity of the work for our clients.
- The Junior Designer will work closely with the Creative Directors to build up their creative skills, to gain an in-depth understanding and knowledge of how to create compelling communications designs, and to develop their technical, digital and publishing skills.
- An impressive client list; you will have the chance to create long lasting professional relationships with senior members of large multinational companies
- Growth; at Black Sun we have a dedicated team who work towards developing our people
- Training; as leaders within corporate communications, you will have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, industry professionals. We also offer both internal and external training programmes
- A fun and friendly work community; you will have the chance to join a fresh, supportive and friendly corporate culture
- Socials; A true Black Sunner is a social butterfly, whether it be summer sports activities, Bake Offs, our annual Christmas party...and did we mention a breakfast every Friday morning?
- Benefits; we offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, a discretionary bonus scheme, 22 days holidays (as well as a holiday loyalty scheme) and remote working opportunities
- Travel; in time you may have the opportunity to travel whilst working with our increasing international client base
- You can tell your friends you work in a palace
- Energetic and ambitious with an entrepreneurial streak and excited about developing into an award-winning Designer?
- Interested in working on communications projects for the world’s largest clients?
- A graduate with a BA in graphic design / multimedia design or equivalent degree?
- Fully conversant with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator?
- Good at communicating with strong interpersonal skills?
- Fanatical about design with a sophisticated, premium approach?
- A creative thinker who understands the importance of messaging?
- Conceptual and strategic in your approach?
- Fun? (Good sense of humour is essential)
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.