Customer Service Adviser
Join us as a Customer Service Adviser in Southampton
- You'll join our vibrant telephony banking team, building great relationships with our customers on the telephone that are based on trust
- Every day, you'll take ownership supporting each customer, following up with them throughout their journey with us and in return, you'll receive first class training that could lead to real career development opportunities with us
- You'll start on a competitive and flexible reward package of £21,318 (pro rata for hours worked)
- We’ll support your personal development with training to achieve the industry recognised Professional Banker Certificate within your first two years
What you'll do
Our customers will look to you to support them in their decisions as to how they bank with us and you’ll make sure they're fully informed when it comes to the products and services we offer. You'll act as a trusted expert, providing them with the knowledge they need to make the most of their money.
Most importantly, you'll be building valuable relationships with our customers, making a positive impact on every single call you take.
- Providing the very best customer experience and confidently answering inbound calls to talk them through our products and services
- Identifying products and services that are right for our customers, helping them to make the most of their money and savings
- Building rapport and answering customer queries, often in a busy environment
- Achieving your own personal goals, while helping us meet our team performance goals
We’re looking for people who are passionate and motivated to succeed with us. It would be great if you already have telephony experience, or experience in a role where you've built fantastic customer relationships. What’s vital is your dedication and passion when it comes to helping customers. You’ll need to be a real people person, with excellent listening skills and an ability to have great conversations.
You’ll build fantastic knowledge of our products and services to help resolve increasingly complex customer queries.
- Have great communication skills on the phone
- Be able to take ownership and follow up on issues and queries in a timely manner
- Show you can multi-task and work well as part of a team
- Be willing to build an expert knowledge of our products and services
- Have the confidence to provide a first-class service in every task you undertake
What else you'll need to know
We’re here for our customers, whatever the time of day or night, so you’ll need to be flexible in working a rotating shift pattern.
Your hours of work are likely to be between 7.40am and 8pm and will include weekends and Bank Holidays. We’ll discuss your hours in more detail with you at the interview stage.
You'll enjoy a comprehensive training programme, and on-going coaching and support to enhance your development. When you're ready, we’ll help take your career to the next level.
- You’ll also join our retirement saving plan.
- You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
- You will have a generous holiday entitlement of 33 days – you may be required to work bank holidays.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.