- You can gain the experience of working within a fun environment with an amazing and happy team.
- Plus, you will receive excellent “on the job” training whilst in store AND you also get a massive 20% discount off all of our products!
- There is also flexible working hours and will have the opportunity to progress with a growing company.
Our mission is to be the customer’s first choice for good quality, great value Gifts, Arts, Crafts, Hobbies, Stationery, Toys and Books. The Works sell over one million products every week to consumers looking for a bargain. With over 3000 employees, we have a network of over 420 stores (and growing… fast!) and an E-store which makes the amazing value products The Works provide available 24/7 – theworks.co.uk.
- As a Supervisor, you will work within a small team, reporting into the Store Management team.
- You are commercially minded, and will lead and inspire your sales team, keeping them motivated to deliver outstanding results, whilst ensuring all customers are dealt with in a friendly and professional manner.
- You’ll be excited by merchandising Retail Stores.
- Have a passion for Books, Stationery, Arts & Crafts, and be able to share your enthusiasm with our customers!
We are looking for somebody who is creative, enthusiastic and has a retail background.
- An understanding of customer services and how to deal with customers
- Background in retail
- Previous Team Leader/Supervisor experience
If you tick all the boxes, then there has never been a better time for you to join The Works!
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.