Goods Flow Co-worker
6 days left
- Part Time
As a goods flow co-worker you contribute to the store replenishment process each day before the store opens. You need to be able to think and act efficiently and safely to ensure a smooth goods flow operation that results in the right products being available to customers. You achieve this using your knowledge of working the IKEA way, and the experience and expertise of your colleagues.
- handling goods, e.g. unloading, internal transportation in the store, replenishing stock, picking goods from the warehouse for handing out to customers, using the correct equipment in a safe and efficient way to minimise damage to stock and equipment.
- working together with your colleagues to keep the store fully stocked with the right goods for the store opening.
- working proactively to maintain the safety and security of your areas of responsibility for customers and colleagues.
- working together with your colleagues to improve the shopping experience of customers in order to generate more sales.
- implementing agreed processes, working methods and procedures, including IT systems and techniques.
- You are enthusiastic about work and working with others in a team.
- You are able to prioritise and organise your own work to make efficient use of time.
- You have good personal discipline, a flexible approach to work and enjoy change.
- You like to take initiative.
- You are able to work during the early hours of the day.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.