We want to create good homes by making home improvement accessible for everyone. Our ambition is to become the leading home improvement company. We are investing in working better together, to make the most of our scale and to better serve our customers. One of the ways we’ll achieve our ambition is by developing and delivering a range of home improvement products based on customer insights that will be available across all of our 9 brands in 6 countries. We’ve started our transformation journey and are investing significantly to make our ambition a success. Over the past 18 months we have already made great progress with new ranges already available in all our stores.
How does the Range team support the delivery of Kingfisher’s transformation?
The Range team is set up to design, develop and edit a unique and unified, coordinated range of solutions and products that help millions of people to improve their home inside and out. Our Range teams work to understand our customers and how they live, as well as researching markets, locations and emerging trends. This helps them to build our ranges by focusing on meeting customer needs and simplifying our offer to avoid duplication and complexity. They develop our unique brands, managing everything from strategy to product design and packaging. Our products are high quality, low cost and long-lasting. They are easy to build and install and combine sustainable choices with best economics possible.
- Support the design of new and unique Kingfisher product ranges
- Co-ordinate, collect and centralise the data and actions in relation to the range category within the required deadlines
- Advise and bring quick solutions to stakeholders in order to optimise category efficiency and implementation
- Act as key contact for the category, communicating across the wider matrix team and within each of nine operating companies across Europe
- Collect and analyse current product and customer trends and data
- Improve working processes to improve the organisation of the category
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage shifting priorities and tight deadlines
- Be efficient in MS Office, Outlook and internet
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience within a retailer (desirable but not essential)
You may currently be a Buying Assistant in another retailer, recently out of university and looking for a challenge or someone wanting to use their existing experience but within an exciting company looking to make an impact.
- Becoming part of our new Offer & Supply Chain function is a fantastic opportunity. We’re at the forefront of one of the largest transformations taking place in retail. To help make that a success we care about creating an environment where all of our employees are engaged and empowered to do their best every day.
- And we believe in investing in our people for the long term, so you’ll be eligible to join our Range Academy – an 18 month learning journey that will help you develop all the skills you need to become an expert in your field.
- Alongside that we want to be able to offer a competitive benefits package that allows our employees to feel a valued part of our team.
- Our Benefits package includes: - A competitive salary, 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Bonus scheme, Shares scheme, Pension, BUPA Private Healthcare, B&Q Discount Card, Childcare Vouchers.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.