Customer Journey Manager
This role will require you to be an expert in knowing the needs, expectations and motivations of our guests, this knowledge will ensure our journeys are successful and meet their objective of driving behavioural change. You will be expected to develop clear and measurable KPI's for each journey ensuring that these are working towards delivering against our business objectives.
As well as the planning, your team will be responsible for the implementation and delivery of these journeys including: working with the studio on creative concepting, planning comms frequency/content and data selections.
- Be the strategic lead for customer journey development.
- Develop a new post booking / pre cruise communications strategy and on-going optimisation/enhancements.
- Develop business cases for new journeys, highlighting the financial investment requirements, KPI's and revenue benefit.
- Work with key marketing departments to ensure a seamless customer communication journey.
- Responsible for managing & reporting against a multi-million pound budget.
- Ensure activities are planned to a forecasted budget, with clear KPI’s utilising spend in the most cost effective way.
- Manage team of 2 with varied roles and responsibilities, ensuring they are fully engaged, have PDP and action plans are doing what they do best at work every day.
- Develop the agencies knowledge and understanding of the P&O Cruises brand, product, market positioning, guest data and commercial objectives.
- Manage CRM Customer Journey & Pre-cruise budget.
- Maintain accurate records of schedules, invoices, and month end reporting to ensure all audit requirements are met.
- To be competent in the implementation of digital and personalised content across all communication channels.
- Ensure other stakeholders in the business are fully aware of the CRM plans and strategic work.
- Team/line management/leadership experience.
- All level stakeholder engagement and management experience.
- Extensive experience of setting and delivering against KPIs and strict deadlines.
- Proven experience Leading CRM Campaigns.
- Budget management and control exposure.
- Experience of planning and delivering an annualised CRM plans.
- Experience of agency management.
- Background of dealing with guest data, using booking / behavioural trends to formulate effective and cost effective plans.
- Experience of email marketing including ESPs & technical capability.
- Knowledge of digital print, print buying and mailing fulfilment.
- Expert with MS Office suite.
- Knowledge of the Travel and Tourism industry.
- Project Management exposure.
- Good A-Levels Minimum
- Degree and/or marketing qualification e.g. CIM
People who will enjoy and excel in this role will naturally:
- Be passionate about Direct Marketing / CRM / Loyalty / Retention subjects.
- Be able to communicate complex messages in a simple way to the broader business.
- Be energised by working in a team, both immediate and cross-functional.
- Love positivity, have enthusiasm and ‘can-do’ attitude with a high degree of pragmatism and resilience.
- Able to build strong reciprocal relationships across organisational units.
- Able to work with minimal supervision, uses initiative and demonstrates drive.
- Present excellent commercial acumen – able to contextualise business performance with agency performance.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.