Join us as a Sales Assistant and be part of our Matalan family. As a Sales Assistant you’ll be a team player with a real focus on delivering an amazing Customer experience and excellent store standards on a daily basis. You’ll be passionate and knowledgeable about our products and do your best every day to meet targets and make sure that our Customers have the best in store experience possible.
The role of Sales Assistant is a great way to get in to Retail and if you’ve got what it takes, there are lots of opportunities to develop and grow your career with us. We’re proud to say that many of our managers began their careers as Sales Assistants. So if you’re looking to join a hard working and passionate team, (and have some fun along the way!), a Sales Assistant role with Matalan could be for you.
- Greet Customers with a smile and provide them with product information in a friendly and efficient way
- Be aware of any seasonal trends and implement any changes on the sales floor
- Work positively and collaboratively with other team members
- Know our products and advise Customers accordingly
- Ensure in store standards are met and procedures are followed
- Be punctual, professional and well presented
- Ideally you’ll have some experience within a retail environment, although this isn’t essential
- Be able to work flexibly including across weekends and evenings
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Can work well as part of a team
- Effective communication and listening skills
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.