Information officer - critical care audit
We are seeking an efficient and motivated individual to join the critical care audit team in the various data collection and audit activities within the critical care units.
- The post holder will collect and enter data, resolve queries, perform simple analyses, and produce and disseminate written reports. These reports, which are mostly to a predefined template, report both nationally and locally on service utilisation and clinical governance.
- A major part of the role will be to collate and enter the Critical Care Minimum Dataset for each patient admitted to adult and paediatric ICU and HDU areas across the Trust.
- Working within the current team, the post offers the opportunity to work to high standards, to prioritise and manage own workload within agreed timeframes and to achieve job satisfaction.
- The post is mostly office-based but also requires working within ICU and HDU areas liaising with clinicians, nurses and other unit staff, therefore the applicant must have excellent communication skills.
- The successful applicant will be proud of their track record of attention to detail and accuracy and must be numerate and literate, and be able to demonstrate keyboard and word processing skills sufficient to enable data entry and formulation of reports.
- The post includes coding of reasons for admission to the intensive care unit and, as such, applicants should have a basic level of theoretical knowledge, or equivalent experience, providing an understanding of medical terminology, anatomical and physiological terms.
- Knowledge of database systems and spreadsheets would be a distinct advantage, as would use of a computerised patient administration system and patient results system, but training is offered in using these systems. Ability to concentrate for prolonged periods of time is an essential aptitude.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.