Admin and Events Coordinator
Hackney Showroom is an award winning arts and cultural centre with a programme of live performance and events for young artists and community projects. Our venue is used for a wide range of income generating activities outside of our artistic programme which includes film and photo shoots, weddings, corporate events, rehearsals and parties.
We are seeking an experienced ADMIN & EVENTS Coordinator to join our small team for an initial fixed period of 6 months as we transition to a new phase in our company’s development.
- Ensure that people using our spaces receive excellent customer service
- Deal with all events and hire enquiries
- Conduct viewings, greet clients and be the first point of a call
- Negotiate and issue hire agreements
- Issue invoices, deal with petty cash, banking and reconciling
- Maintain the events and hires calendar
- Update, improve and maintain our listings and promotion of the spaces
- Be responsible for scheduling and overseeing our various technicians, bar staff, cleaning, labour and maintenance from our freelance pool
- Carry out and update our risk assessment, policies and insurances
- Oversee maintenance and repairs of the building and technical equipment
- Liaise with visiting artists and companies as part of our artistic programme
- Work with marketing to support the publicity of our programme
- Support the co-artistics directors with other administrational tasks
- Experience in administration and events in the arts sector or a small - medium sized organisation.
- Strong communication skills
- Organised and efficient
- Good time management and able to work independently
- Confident delegating to and managing a team
- A creative approach to problem solving and an ability to keep calm under pressure
- Office management experience
- Good computing skills
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software( Desirable)
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.