Are you a graduate interested in exploring the application of machine learning in cyber security? Are you ready to take responsibly for delivering a strategic and innovative business project?
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic, and up–and-coming cyber security graduate with an entrepreneurial flair eager to fast-track your commercial career while applying your technical expertise gained through academic study in a real-world context. You will have a solid background in computer science with a keen interest in Artificial Intelligence (AI) in a business context.
- The objective of this KTP is the research and development of new approaches to address the problems of Business Email Compromise (BEC).
- The project will identify/develop new ways of deploying intelligent systems that require minimal human intervention to deliver new BEC combating technology, tested in real world environments.
- Past experience in cyber security, email and machine learning; perhaps in an educational or work experience capacity, will be highly beneficial.
- Experience in building your own software systems, tools and/or services and User Interface (GUI), possibly in a commercial setting, would be advantageous.
Based at Clearswift RUAG Cyber Security near Reading, Berkshire, you will have the confidence to manage and lead this 24-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) project - a collaboration between Clearswift and the University of Surrey and part-funded by Innovate UK. To succeed in this role, you will require a clear understanding of both the KTP programme and the company.
As a KTP Associate, you will be supported by various stakeholders and will benefit from business-based training and career development, including the opportunity to gain technical and/or management qualification. To successfully deliver your KTP project, you will be based at Clearswift and will deepen your industry knowledge whilst working alongside top researchers at the University of Surrey’s state-of-the-art research facilities.
- You will hold a recent Master’s degree in Computer Science including AI, Machine Learning, Information Security or a related discipline.
- You should be able to demonstrate a good understanding and have hands-on experience in practical applications of AI, including machine learning, data clustering algorithms, classification techniques, and other AI-related topics.
- We require a self-starter who will perform beyond the bounds of the immediate task set and create real impact for Clearswift.
- The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to develop a diverse range of non-technical skills, such as project management and leadership, in order to become a manager of tomorrow.
- Thus, you will be demonstrably pragmatic, efficient, creative, highly-proactive and able to work well on your own initiative yet have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
You should be ready to apply your skills to further expand Clearswift’s strong position in a rapidly expanding market.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.