We have an exciting opportunity to join our brand new Signs Express centre in Salisbury opening soon. We are looking for someone to play an integral role within the business as our No.1 Sign Maker..
A minimum of 2 years’ sign industry experience is essential, but we will consider someone who has had relevant experience during a work placement.
- The ability to interpret briefs accurately and a strong understanding of signage and manufacturing techniques
- Visit clients to carry out surveys and document information ready to progress to quotation
- Good attention to detail
- Have good design skills using industry standard design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Flexisign and Omega
- Be able to complete quotes independently or communicate information to others to provide quotes
- Manage workflow using plotters and large format printers
- Be proficient in the application of vinyl onto a variety of substrates including vehicles
- An effective communicator to work within a small team
- Complete paperwork to high standards ready to be passed on for invoicing
- IPAF/PASMA/CSCS accreditations desired
- Driving licence essential
- Successful applicants will be enthusiastic, able to work on their own initiative, flexible, a great team player, well organised and have an understanding of the importance of health and safety.
This is a full-time position working normal office hours but you will need to be flexible to work outside of these hours when required.
About signs express
We are the UK’s largest signs and graphics company with over 65 centres across the UK.
A career with Signs Express is a great opportunity for you to experience all of the benefits of working for a national company with access to resources and training aids. However, as each of our branches is independently owned and operated as a local business you also have the added advantage of working as part of a small, growing team with the opportunity to really make an impact.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.