Graduate Sales Associate
Who you’ll be working with
We’re looking for people who love building great relationships with clients, and who naturally engender trust from those they work with. Coming to work with us means using the right change management techniques to guide our clients through a seamless programme of activity which ensures the smooth running of our technology-enabled transformation projects.
We want to make sure that we find the right people to work in our teams, and we know that working full-time isn’t necessarily right for everyone. So we’d love to hear from you if you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and would like to work flexibly.
The Focus of Your Role
This role is all about relationships.
You will be involved in a number of business areas across the Public Sector Sales organisation and building relationships in each area will be key to your development. You will be involved in a variety of activities, typically:
- Contributing to written proposals, bids and client presentations
- Researching competitors, helping to analyse public sector trends and identifying specific opportunities
- Reviewing, analysing, and responding to tender documentation and public sector procurement processes
- Support of the internal operations of the sector, covering pipeline management, marketing campaigns, preparation of month end key strategy presentation material
As you develop, you will build up a broad base of knowledge for your future with us. Across all of these areas you will be expected to use your initiative and drive to produce successful results and it goes without saying that team working will be crucial to your success.
At an appropriate point in your development, having absorbed the various aspects of the business, you will move into an account management role, taking on responsibility for your own client contacts as part of a wider account team and then eventually to owning your own account and clients.
- Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer at Capgemini. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
- We’ll encourage your growth at every stage. After all, it fuels ours. Yes we’re one of the world’s top consulting, technology and outsourcing organisations, with 190,000 people in over 40 countries. But we still have big ambitions – and we’ll rely on you to help us achieve them.
- So expect the training, support and challenge you need to capitalise on what makes you special – and to confidently pursue the career path that most inspires you, whether that means changing tracks or shifting focus down the line.
Join us, and be the you you want to be.
Although previous sales experience is not mandatory, the successful candidate must be interested in a career aligned to sales and account management. A broad appreciation of technology is important, manifesting into an understanding of how major organisations can be transformed through the effective and innovative application of new technologies and knowledge of digital and cloud technology and their current relevance in today’s market would be beneficial.
- A confident and self starting individual, able to set and manage goals
- A strong communicator who possesses excellent oral, listening and written skills
- Eager to build relationships with clients and colleagues alike
- Able to demonstrate consultative behaviour
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.