Role: Fundraising Manager – August 2018
Our core purpose
To help charities and organisations maximise their fundraising efforts through innovative technology.
What we do
A new era of giving beckons and Givergy is positioning itself at the heart of it. Millennials, now representing the majority of the global workforce, have been dubbed the Giving Generation and are a big reason why charitable giving reached record highs in 2017. They demand simple and immediate solutions and Givergy’s mission is to give it to them.
Our vision is to be the #1 fundraising tech partner to the Giving Generation. We’re a young, innovative and fast growing business with exceptional opportunities for the best in the market candidates. Market leaders in our field, our award winning first product is used at many of the world’s most exclusive charity and fundraising events – 1,500 in total in 2017 to be exact. Our 100s of charity clients include Cancer Research UK, Save the Children, The Prince’s Trust, UNICEF, Breast Cancer Care, NSPCC and Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
We are looking to recruit a confident, client facing, passionate and experienced Fundraising Manager with a great personality who will be responsible for the account management of Givergy client operations and events.
This is an exceptional opportunity to work in a fantastic team, and across both the charity and private sector. Applicants must have experience of managing clients and/or events, be confident, personable, extremely organised, have brilliant attention to detail, possess a can-do attitude, work well under pressure and be able to communicate effectively with clients and team members.
It is preferable that applicants have a full, clean driver’s licence enabling them to drive in the UK, and access to a car. The role will require some evening and weekend working.
What are you looking for?
Do you have a passion for charities and the third sector and the work they do? Do you want to help charities – no matter whether big or small – to raise more? This role will suit a dynamic, flexible person who is not only highly organised but also enjoys a social role. Are you a Special Events Manager/Charity Account Manager looking for your next step up in charity project management – but looking for something a little bit different – then this is the job for you!
- Operational event management of confirmed Givergy events
- Event and fundraising consultancy with clients
- Attending Client Meetings pre-event to discuss their requirements for on the night
- Full communication with clients before, during and after events – face to face, email and phone
- Full handover and briefing with onsite team
- Administration – including accurate maintenance of client records, support with financials (tracking expenses, per event cost management, reporting)
- Delegating workload to Fundraising Executives
- Any additional duties as relevant to the role
- At least two years’ experience in organising and running events
- Exceptional Project/Event Management
- The ability to use initiative
- Experience of working in a customer facing role – excellent at communicating effectively and building relationships with clients and team members
- Experience of working in an administrative environment
- Superb organisational skills, time management and attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Some experience within the charity sector preferred, but not essential
Additional package information: 23 days annual leave plus paid public holidays