Lecturer - Creative and Digital Technology
Andover College are looking for an inspiring and innovative individual to teach on a variety of level 2 and 3 courses as well as the potential to deliver on an HNC programme in Digital Design.
- Candidates will have a qualification at level 4 or above in a subject related to IT and Computing and demonstrate an enthusiasm for changing dynamics of the industry in terms of careers students can progress to.
- A teaching qualification is not essential as the college excels in providing excellent professional development. We are an ambitious college and provide a supportive environment.
Please outline on your application form whether you are interested in full or part-time working.
This position is for a September start, or as soon as possible thereafter.
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death benefit grant of 3 X salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on- site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 42 days plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part-time staff)
- Access to an Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per year)
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications.
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
- There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.