You will be joining the Medatech support team in a role which will expand your knowledge of ERP, with many opportunities to move into project management, development and implementation. You will be responsible for dealing with Priority software support issues raised by Medatech customers, as well as maintaining customer relationships and working on internal support and training tasks.
The support calls are not just IT queries, they will require you to understand the customers’ business processes and can cover many different subjects such as; CRM, order processing, inventory, production, scanning, accounts, purchasing, MRP.
- Independent working
- Ability to prioritise service calls
- Good communication skills (email, phone, and internally)
- Logical – must be able to troubleshoot problems
- Ownership of issues
- Independent learning
- Able to manage multiple tasks at once
- Able to work under pressure
- Familiarity with information systems/ERP/CRM/Finance (e.g SAP, Sage, Oracle, Infor, Dynamics, Great Plains, Epicor, Oracle (JDE, JD Edwards,) Exact, Netsuite, Priority)
- Experience working on a helpdesk
- Project Management qualifications
- Hardware/Networking experience
- Programming/Web development in any language
- Any SQL ability
- Familiarity with accounting practices
- Understanding of business processes.
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.