Solent Students’ Union has a vision where every student will have an excellent student experience at Solent University.
We are a student led, registered charity guided by our values, we enrich the student experience through opportunities, support, influence and action.
We are looking for a professional, passionate and enthusiastic person to join our Student Involvement team as an Activities Intern for a fixed period between 10th September 2018 and 21st December 2018. This role is fundamental to the “Relationships” theme of our strategic plan and has responsibility for supporting students in core Union activities including societies, volunteering and student-led projects.
- The post holder will provide staff support to the Vice President of Employability and Engagement and must be passionate about the benefits of involvement in student societies and volunteering to our members and demonstrate an acute understanding of their importance in achieving our Vision and Mission.
- The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills
- A strong customer or membership focus and demonstrate excellent attention to detail.
- They will have the ability work on their own initiative as well as being a proactive team member with the ability to prioritise a changing workload.
- They will have excellent interpersonal skills, a ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to communicate complex information to students, officers, service managers and key University staff.
- They will believe that every student matters and clearly demonstrate a commitment to our organisational values.
For further information or an informal discussion regarding this position please contact David Woolley, Student Involvement Manager at email@example.com or on 023 8201 6433.
Interview date: Week Commencing 3rd September 2018
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.