Teach in China
Graduated this summer and looking to find a rewarding international graduate role? Graduating in the winter and looking to nail down an exciting Graduate Role when you finish? No matter what subject your degree is in, you can kick-start your graduate career with the role of a lifetime, by living, learning and teaching in China!
As a teacher in China, you will be conducting lessons in a small class format, teaching between 1-8 students each lesson, with students aged between the ages of 4-18, giving you the opportunity to get to really understand the needs of, and take pride in the progress of every pupil. Alternatively, a public Primary, Middle or High school role will enable you to have a huge impact on the lives of so many pupils.
- Deliver well planned lessons based on the school’s curriculum
- Encourage children to practise spoken English
- Provide appropriate feedback on oral and written work
- Facilitate learning for students and build their confidence
- Use a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning, and engage student interest
- Perform general administrative functions
- Ensure that students are safe and monitored
- Involvement in curriculum development
- Attend and participate in staff department meetings, workshops, curriculum planning and special school events
- Apartment provided or accommodation allowance
- Flight and visa reimbursement
- Airport pick up
- Work Z visa provided
- Between 4 -6 weeks of annual holiday allowance
- Undergraduate degree in any subject area
- TEFL/ TESOL certification (may be completed after application)
- Fluent English speaker
- Excellent communication skills, able to use initiative, friendly personality.
- Any teaching, tutoring or coaching experience would be beneficial
September - December 2018
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.