Re:So Visual Merchandisers – Work Based Learning
Re:So is a student supplied and student managed retail space in the centre of the city. Re:So was created in 2012 and is a part of Southampton Solent University. We are currently looking for Work Based Learning - Visual Merchandisers. The Visual Merchandisers are responsible for the product presentation, store layout and displays within the store. The Visual Merchandisers will be looking for new ways to display merchandise and brand areas within the store, so regular primary research into current VM strategies is an important part of the role.
Re:So also has a pop up shop at the Showcase Gallery (James Matthews Building) where the Visual Merchandiser will monitor stock and ensure it is merchandised to a high standard.
This role is both creative and commercial and there is the opportunity to experiment with layouts and displays.
Training will be given in the fundaments of VM and Health and Safety.
All Re:So team members open and close the store, cash up and serve customers. Other opportunities at Re:So can include setting up and working at events and is an opportunity to develop other skills such as retail sales, buying and organisational skills as part of a team.
- Developing and maintaining store visual standards – including housekeeping, product presentation and styling displays/mannequins
- Undertaking a floor walk at the start of every shift to check VM standards and plan workload
- Liaising with the Re:So Manager and Senior Lecturer to agree plans for floor layout moves and to review VM/VM research on a weekly basis
- Liaising regularly with Social Media Co-ordinator to create photographs of displays and products for Re:So Social Media channels
- Opening and closing the store
- Setting up the till and closing down at the end of the day
- Serving customers and using the till and card payment machine
- Recording all sales
- Talking to customers about how Re:So operates
- Interest in developing commercial awareness and creativity within a retail environment
- Hands on approach
- Adaptable to different tasks and willing to learn
- Highly organised and reliable individual
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Good communicator and time keeper