We’re a fast-growing, innovative gift company looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team and assist with all aspects of marketing.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone who wishes to gain broad online and offline marketing experience to both trade and retail customers.
- To plan and generate social media content
- Organise detailed storyboards and manage photoshoots
- Research our customer base and seek new opportunities for trade and retail customer acquisition
- Plan and create effective marketing emails using Mailchimp
- Oversee publicising new product launches
- Develop marketing strategies to generate sales – i.e. discount codes, special offers, sales events
- Assist with planning and organising our attendance at international trade and retail events
- Help manage and optimise our online presence across all sales websites by effectively using SEO, keywords and meta-tags.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities
- A creative approach
- Ability to work well in a team
- A friendly and positive can-do attitude.
Desired skills and experience
- BA in Marketing or other related degree
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office. In addition, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign would be welcome, but not essential.
This is a 3-month temporary internship position, reviewable after one month. There is potential for the timeframe to be extended or for this role to become permanent.
UK National Minimum and Living Wage according to age as follows:
25 and over £7.83
21 to 24 £7.38
18 to 20 £5.90
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.