Trainee Software Developer
- Your focus will be one of working alongside the developers with live projects. The role will be primarily design, coding and testing of new reports and applications for clients.
- You will also be required to carry out ongoing research to understand changes, new technologies and developments that will improve our service to our clients.
- You will also assist with the development of internal and external systems and procedures, including commercial aspects of the business.
- You will take direction from the Managing Director for all work and report to him directly.
- Possess a software engineering degree or similar standard qualification
- Have a very good knowledge of coding and understanding/writing logic
- Have a good level of knowledge of web design and functionality
- Have good commercial knowledge and understand how a business should operate
- Have an excellent knowledge of and are able to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Be fluent in English
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be smart, organised, efficient and adopt a positive attitude to work at all times
- Match the company aspirations to continuously improve and evolve
- Able to work equally well within a team or on your own
- Adhere to company policy and procedures at all times
- Have fun in the work place!
- A role with comprehensive training that will allow you to develop your skills and learn new ones that you will be apply to day to day tasks
- Clear targets and objectives to assist the growth of the company and your personal development
- The opportunity to contribute to growing our bespoke product portfolio
- The opportunity to work in a fun, yet challenging work place with a very talented team
- The chance to mix socially with the team at our regular company social events
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.