Do you love electronics and thrive on the challenges of solving problems and piecing together neat solutions? Then come and join our small team of enthusiastic design engineers to get that buzz of satisfaction from creating innovative products and knowing you’re helping shape the future.
We’re looking for engineers with electronics design / embedded systems experience who can demonstrate initiative, a passion to learn and a willingness to ‘get stuck in’.
- Working on a variety of projects and innovative products
- Using the very latest technologies
- Flexible working patterns, a great work/life balance and supportive colleagues.
- Your role will cover the full project life-cycle from initial feasibility studies and bench tests, requirements capture, design, test, verification and eventual release to production.
- From the outset, you’ll be given real responsibilities including designing circuits, selecting components, and building and testing prototypes.
- You will be confident in communicating with clients and colleagues and will work well as part of a multidisciplinary team of hardware engineers, firmware engineers and industrial designers.
- Your diligent and conscientious approach will ensure you are operating within and contributing to our quality system and helping us to continually improve the way we do things
- Experience in electronics design – digital & analogue, EMC & safety desirable
- Experience in schematic entry & PCB layout (OrCAD desirable)
- Appreciation of firmware considerations (experience in C coding desirable)
- Practical skills – experience in prototyping, fault-finding, test equipment
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Interesting projects
- Continuous learning opportunities and new technical challenges
- Flexible working and great work/life balance
- Supportive, informal, friendly environment
- Help shape the future of our dynamic, growing young company
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email firstname.lastname@example.org for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.