Children's Science Presenter!
2 days left
- Part Time
A unique job that you will never forget. Enjoy entertaining and educating children by making sweets and slime and earn a great income while having fun!
No particular background in science is required as full training is provided. Enjoying working with children is far more important. Looking for people right away!
Communicate science to children in new and innovative ways. Hours are flexible but the majority of work will be at weekends with only occasional weekday opportunities. The role would be perfect as a part time opportunity.
- You will travel direct from home (no commuting to the office!) to a pre-booked science event in your locality and present science programmes to around 15 children aged 7/8.
- You'll need to arrive in good time to setup the equipment and greet the guests.
- All events vary but they typically last from 1 to 2 hours.
- Enjoy engaging and capturing the imagination of children!
- Previous experience working with children
- 100% Reliable!
- Reliable fully insured car
- Happy to work regularly at weekends and have flexible working hours
Please note, if you are a holder of a Tier 4 visa you will have certain conditions and working restrictions attached to your visa. Generally, students studying towards a degree level qualification (NQF6) or above are restricted to a maximum of 20 hours work per week during term time, which is reduced to 10 hours per week for students studying below degree level. Please check your visa for more details. It is a criminal offence to breach the conditions of your visa, and anyone found doing so by UK Visas and Immigration is likely to have their permission to stay in the UK cancelled.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and, if you are invited for interview, to arrange for a mock interview.