3 days left
- Full Time
Please note must have a Environmental/Geography degree
The role of the Group Sustainability Co-Ordinator is primarily to support the Sustainability department with the practical implementation of the Group’s Sustainability, Environmental and Energy Strategies. Assistance with other responsibilities of the department will also be required.
- Coordinating metering and monitoring of energy usage and related recharging.
- Maintaining and monitoring AMR system.
- Assisting in identifying and implementing energy and CO2 savings opportunities.
- Assisting in maintaining regulatory compliance and necessary related reporting.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce waste using the waste hierarchy and improve recycling rates.
- Supporting clients with their sustainability goals.
- Coordinating sustainable travel initiatives.
- Liaising with local and national authority bodies.
- Keep the pollution prevention plan up to date, and maintain necessary equipment levels.
- Carry out and document environmental inspections on site.
- Investigate and document environmental incidents and assist with remedial and follow up prevention plans.
- Deliver sustainability training to internal staff
- Assist with and coordinate sustainability department awareness campaigns and events.
- Advising internal departments on sustainability issues.
- Any other duties deemed appropriate by management.
- Experience of facilities utility management.
- Understanding of basic energy concepts.
- Familiar with energy technologies.
- Desirable experience of Environmental/Energy Management Systems.
- Understanding of Environmental and Energy reporting, legislation and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of recycling and waste streams.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication and confidence skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Customer service driven.
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with company executives.
- Degree in a related sustainability subject with 2+ years relevant experience.
- IEMA Foundation certificate in environmental management.
- Energy Institute Level 1 certificate in Energy Management.
- Personality: Flexible, outgoing, approachable, friendly personality with a positive attitude for a ‘can do’ culture and approach to differing people and situations.
- Self-motivated, reliable and committed.
- Keen to develop their own skills and be a key team player.
- Personal Situation: Able to commute reliably to the office bases, Pinewood, Shepperton and Pinewood Studio Wales. Must have a driving license. Able to regularly work flexible hours as required.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of Microsoft Office 2010 or later, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word, Internet and email. Must be IT literate.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Business Skills: Must be confident and professional when dealing with customers and contractors, face-to-face and via telephone/emails. Able to communicate with clients and staff of all levels.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or
email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and if you are invited for interview to arrange for a mock interview.