Graphic Design Work Experience, 2 available roles
6 days left
- Full Time
Graphic Design Work Experience Opportunity
Two-week placement which will give you the chance to gain work experience within a functioning company.
(only two placements available)
Skills you will gain from the experience:
- Gain an understanding of the role of an in-house designer – how to work as part of a team from brief to production.
- Learn what is required in product packaging from creating die lines to producing print ready artwork.
- Learn how to roll out brand guidelines across all forms of artwork.
Skills required for the role:
- You must be able to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign. Some Photography skills would be useful.
- You must have a passion for design, a creative eye, good communication skills and be able to work to briefs and deadlines.
Some responsibilities will include:
- To support the buying and marketing team to produce artwork for packaging, banners, flyers, posters, adverts, point of sale.
- You may be required to produce product Photography and retouch for web.
Tip: Solent Futures, Solent University’s employability and enterprise service advises that you ensure your CV is the best it can be before you submit it. Look at our online guide or email email@example.com for feedback. You might want to visit us in RM 001 11am – 4pm to get your CV checked and if you are invited for interview to arrange for a mock interview.
Solent University does not endorse unpaid opportunities outside of the curriculum. However, should you decide to take on this position you need to consider your financial situation and consider how you would support yourself for the duration of the experience. If you have any questions about this opportunity please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Southampton Solent University has a limited funding scheme to support students on unpaid work experience or placement opportunities https://portal.solent.ac.uk/support/finance/student-funding/unpaid-placement-work-experience-grant.aspx